HALF RAINBOW MARGARITA (or MOCKTAIL)
These 1/2 rainbow frozen margaritas go full spectrum, a little sweet, a little spicy, a little tart, a lot of refills! All-natural, small-batch, no preservatives, blended with fresh fruit of pomegranate, orange, lemon, and lime.
SALT TIP: Although any red fruit would pair nicely with this citrus-forward cocktail, pomegranates take the (pot of) gold. Adding dry, astringent, sour, fruity, and woody to the mix.
To add sweetness reach for the fresh agave to cut the citrus for an added natural sweetness. When hosting, elevate your cocktail game by garnishing with fresh fruit and serve with a salty or sugary rim of your guest's liking.
Serves 4 Cocktails
- 6 oz tequila (need a tequila rec? Visit our National Tequila Day blog post). Hold the spirit to create a mocktail.
- 4 oz Yes Cocktail Co. Blood Orange & Chili Pepper cocktail mixer LINK
- 1/2 pomegranate (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (roughly 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (roughly 1 large lime)
- 6 cups ice
- Roll the fruit first to loosen the seeds. Score around the middle and tear it open into halves. Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down, and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds. Alternatively, score 4 lines from top to bottom to quarter the pomegranate.
- Place your pomegranate seeds in a blender. Pulse the seeds a few times to break them apart and release their juice. Don't blend them for a long period of time, or the seeds will break apart and create cloudy juice. Use a mesh strainer to strain the pomegranate liquid into a container.
- Quick rinse on the blender. Combine the pomegranate juice with the orange, and lemon then pulse until thick and blended.
- Lime squeeze finish.