NUTTY COCONUT AÇAI BOWLS
Get your power drill in hand to give ‘power breakfast’ a whole new meaning!! Fresh coconut bowls add authenticity to this cult favorite. You will need your drill to get the coconut water out and the açaí island vibes in!
SALT TIP: Set up your toppings bar before you mix your açaí base. You want the base to be as cool + thick as possible, so no time to sit once blended! Bonus tip, keep a handful of berries frozen to get a frosted tone that photographs so beautifully.
- 1 Frozen Dragon fruit smoothie bowl pack
- 1 Frozen Acai Berry pack
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 large spoonful of nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut water (from your raw coconuts)
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS BAR
- 2 cups assorted berries: blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries (keep a handful frozen)
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup dried mulberries (any dried fruit will work)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (we love a combo of almonds, pistachios or macadamia)
- 1 tsp dried flowers: rosebuds or hibiscus work nicely for both aesthetic and flavor. Just a sprinkle adds life.
- Honey to drizzle
- Nut butter to drizzle
- At the top of the coconut, drill 3 holes that make the fruit resemble a bowling ball. Multiple holes will allow the juice to flow out easier. Once drained, set the coconut water aside.
- The quickest, easiest way to bust the coconuts in half is on the pavement. Two to three smashes should do the trick!
- Now that you have your bowls ready. Build your toppings bar. Have fun here. Get creative! Various size bowls and cups add color and texture to play with.
- Cut open the dragon fruit and acai smoothie packs —if they are sticking to the plastic, you can run under warm water for 10 seconds to loosen. Break into pieces and place into the blender with the nut butter and remaining frozen fruit.
- Begin blending. Slowly add in the coconut water, using less if needed to keep as thick as possible.
- Pour into coconut bowls and add any toppings you wish