Double Date: We should do dinner
What's the Pass the Salsa box?:
Color-happy coasters that double as cocktail markers? Mezcal cups that bring out the smoky flavors while you slowwwly sip? A perfectly curated playlist that ups the mood in a matter of seconds? Now this is how you do a dinner party for four.
Whether you’re looking to dial up date night or take Taco Tuesday up a notch or several—our Pass the Salsa box upgrades the humblest of evenings with all those little extras—game-night Q’s and hosting how-to’s included—that make the experience that much more special.
Coolest of all: Everything is made locally, in small batch runs, and sourced straight from the hands of some incredibly skilled Mexican artists to bring a taste of Oaxaca home to you. In other words, it’s authentic AF. You do the slicing and dicing; we’ll take care of the rest.
Pass the Salsa box contents:
Yes Cocktail Co. Blood Orange & Chili Pepper Cocktail Mixer Made from scratch, this not-too-sweet, not-too-spicy mixer—bursting with flavor-packed botanicals and herbs—plays well with tequila, mezcal, whatever you’re in the mood for, or even a simple splash of seltzer for mocktails (booze optional).
Dried Blood Orange Slices Do it for the ‘gram: These camera-friendly citrus slices are not only totally edible, but they add a bitter-sweet symphony of tartness to any cocktail you’ve got going on (see: our Blood-Orange Picante recipe).
Agave Worm Salt Spicy umami crunch on the rim of your margarita, anyone? This sal de gusano is made from maguey worms drunk on sweet agave nectar and grounded up with salt and chili peppers—adding a fiery kick to just about anything you sprinkle it on. Includes one ounce in each bag.
Grasshopper Salt And speaking of fiery kicks, this traditional Oaxacan delicacy is pure fuego. It’s made from—wait for it—toasted red grasshoppers, ground into a fine powder with a hint of hot chilis and plenty of savory salt. Includes one ounce in each bag.
Otomí Multi-Colored Coasters Hand stitched in Mexico, these one-of-a-kind color-happy coasters moonlight as drink markers—so your guests can avoid any awkward mix-ups at the table later. (For best results: Delicately wash in cold water and hang to dry.)
Vaso Veladora Shot Glasses Etched with teeny crucifixes at the bottom, these Veladoras are actually OG votives you’d traditionally find twinkling in a Mexican church. These days, they serve a different purpose—i.e. for slowly sipping Mezcal. As the saying goes: Drink until you see the cross.
Cocktail Napkins These soft scrumptious—and we mean soft—napkins are the kind you can use now and keep around for future fiestas to come. And how good is the hot, hot pink?
Conversation Starters Get to know your guests; drop some knowledge on your Dad; throw a few fun facts at your friends; hit your mom, sister, or brother-in-law with the deep questions, the would-you-rathers, and the laugh-out-loud q’s that’ll do more than just break the ice.
PTS x Flores Lane Candle Meant to complement the mood of the evening, this Cilantro, Lime, Smoke, and Sea Salt custom-blend candle is hand-poured in LA. It’s made from 100% soy wax and natural oils only. Our two-ounce travel-size candle has a burn time up to 15 hours. Our Eight-ounce candle has a burn time up to 60 hours.
Entertainment Menu No need for any heavy lifting on your part—we went ahead and prepped a playlist, rounded up our must-see movie recs, and worked in a cheat-sheet with a few fail-proof hosting tips, so your night’s as smooth as a shot of Don Julio 1942.
- We will send you the latest Pass the Salt box that most closely matches the price point of your previous order
- 15% discount will be applied to future subscription orders
- Three months after fall 2020 is an estimate as to when the next box will be ready, so timing of sending the next box will not be exactly three months from your order date
- You will be notified three days in advance of your card being charged
- You will have the option to cancel or skip your order
- You will have the option to update your shipping address or payment info
- Free shipping nationwide for our hosting boxes.
- We will send your package via USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. You will receive a tracking number once your package is on its way! Please allow a 1-2 business days for processing. If your order is placed after 4:00PM PST please begin the 1-2 business days in the following business day.
- You should receive your package within 3-7 business days of placing your order. We strive to get your package in the mail as quickly as possible.
- If you'd like to receive your package sooner, we strongly encourage upgrading your shipping.
- Please expect some shipping delays as a result of COVID-19.
- We do not ship overseas, at this time we are only shipping within the US.